Jul 18, 2019
Schools, Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCA’s Can ALL Use the Heimlich Heroes Program - Here’s How
Posted By Heimlich Heroes
Heimlich Heroes™ specially designed program trains young people how to recognize, respond to, and prevent a choking emergency. With our engineered 42-inch training dolls, this interactive program is sure to be a hit with your students, and effective at teaching this life-saving skill.
When your school, club, group or other youth organization takes advantage of our program there are several ways you can implement the training. It only takes an hour. Check out different ways your organization can use our program:
Schools can train:
- Classroom by classroom: Fewer volunteers are needed for this smaller setting. School nurses and classroom teachers can run the program in small settings.
- An entire grade level at once: Schools typically bring the grade level into the gym or cafeteria for this option. We suggest one teacher or volunteer for every 10 students.
- Staff and Auxiliary Staff
Clubs and groups can train students:
- During summer and other youth camps
- At community outreach events: This is a great way to educate kids and parents how to correctly perform the Heimlich Maneuver®
Scouting organizations can train students:
- In individual troops or packs
Any school, club or other youth organization can take advantage of:
- Teachable moments: If a student in your organization saves a life using the Heimlich Maneuver®, you can use our program to teach other students how to be prepared in case of a choking emergency.
- High school helpers: Your organization can train high school students and then have them accompany you as you train younger students. Schools have used high school EMT/CNA students, and scouting organizations have used older scouts to help lead trainings with younger participants.
- Station-Style training: Leaders have access to the Heimlich Heroes Trainer Resource page on our website. There you will find activities such as, coloring pages, word scramble, puzzles, and more. These educational choking related activities make great stations and can be used in any training setting.
The Heimlich Heroes training program is flexible and can be used in many different environments. If your organization wants to use our program, we can help you figure out the best way to train your students. We believe that anyone can be a Heimlich Hero!
Explore our website to register and contact us for more information!