You Want the Best for Your Children
As a parent, of course you want the best for your children: education, common sense, life values, confidence, and so much more. In short, you want your children prepared to become successful, knowledgeable, responsible adults.
Whether through a classroom, club, or afterschool group environment, the Heimlich Heroes program arms young people with a simple life-saving technique. Created by Deaconess Associations, Inc. (DAI), with support from The Heimlich Institute, this proven, effective program teaches young people how to properly perform the Heimlich Maneuver. They can then confidently step forward and save someone from choking to death. This is especially important as children begin babysitting, watching over their younger siblings, or interacting with neighborhood friends.
Heimlich Heroes: Proven, Effective Training
The Heimlich Heroes program is educationally based. It’s specifically designed to teach children how to do the Heimlich Maneuver. The program teaches young people how to:
- Recognize the signs of choking
- Respond during a choking emergency
- Prevent or minimize the risk of choking
Additionally, students get hands-on practice with “Heidi and “Hank” Heimlich, our specially designed training dolls, which feature an internal diaphragm, lungs, and a windpipe. Young people gain confidence—and have fun learning as they practice the Heimlich maneuver with these dolls.
Ready to find out more about Heimlich Heroes training? As a parent, you will gain peace of mind when your children have learned this invaluable, life-saving technique.
Instructional, valuable, interactive and fun! That’s what the Heimlich Heroes program is all about.
- Teaches a life-saving technique
- Empowers young people to see themselves as potential heroes
- Links learning experiences with real-world events
- Features hands-on material and online training
- Enables young people to react confidently during an emergency situation
- Keeps the students engaged and energized
- Can be used as a one-time lesson or extended for classroom use
- Is easily supplemented with our robust STEM and language arts curricula
- Increases student confidence, independence, and self-esteem
- It is easy to use and free to the user through December 2016