How Young People Learn to be Heimlich Heroes
The Heimlich Heroes program was initially developed to teach sixth grade students the life-saving Heimlich maneuver. Beyond our classroom-based approach, children can now also be taught through HH Training in a variety of environments.
The Heimlich Heroes program is specifically designed to instruct young people how to do the Heimlich maneuver. The program teaches them how to:
- Recognize the signs of choking
- Understand how to respond if a person is actually choking
- Learn ways to help prevent/minimize the risk of choking
Why is the program aimed at children? Typically kids won’t learn about this method until high school, if at all. Heimlich Heroes believes anyone can save a life. Our Heimlich Heroes Facebook page shares many real stories and inspiring testimonials highlighting these experiences.
Instructional, valuable, interactive and fun. That's what the Heimlich Heroes program is all about.
- Teaches a life-saving technique
- Empowers young people to see themselves as potential heroes
- Links learning experiences with real-world events
- Features hands-on material and online training
- Enables young people to react confidently during an emergency situation
- Keeps the students engaged and energized
- Can be used as a one-time lesson or extended for classroom use
- Is easily supplemented with our robust STEM and language arts curricula
- Increases student confidence, independence, and self-esteem
- It is easy to use and free to the user